FLEAS

This forum is for those seeking medical advice or general beagle health information. Everyone is welcome to respond, but if you are a licensed veterinarian or other animal health professional, feel free to share your credentials!

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

big creek kennel

FLEAS

Post by big creek kennel »

FLEAS IN MY KENNEL ARE A BIG PROBLEM THIS YEAR. I BLEACH CONCRETE FLOOR, DIP WITH HAPPY JACK II, USE CEDAR CHIPS,
CLEAN BOXES. ANYMORE IDEAS ON WHAT TO DO? HAVE NEVER HAD A BAD PROBLEM WITH FLEAS LIKE THIS YEAR!! :camo:

big mike 50

Re: FLEAS

Post by big mike 50 »

I had them real bad two summers ago and I had to treat my yard as well as the dogs and the kennel. I really had to treat the yard twice to get rid of them.
When the tailgate drops the bull$#!t stops

Alabama John

Post by Alabama John »

Some of the men here use liquid SEvin, tweice strength in water and a big bottle of Pinesol and a gallon of Apple Cider Vinegar. Add water to make a bath and bath dogs in it, and spray the leftover on any area they can get to, especially houses.
No fleas and cheap too.

beagler29431

Post by beagler29431 »

Purchase K9 Advantix II (http://www.jefferspet.com/k9-advantix-ii/p/0040155/) Over 55 lbs - 6 month supply $70.99

Each of the 6 tubes will contain 4cc/mL of medication (24cc/mL in the whole package).

You need 0.4cc/mL per 10lbs.

For a 25lb Beagle that is 1cc/mL (1 package can treat 24 Beagles).

So one tube will treat 4 Beagles that weigh 25lbs each. This comes out to $2.96cc/mL.

To make it easier you can empty the contents into a small bottle and draw out what you need with a syringe. Put it on the dog's back between the shoulder blades.

*Don't bathe dogs for 3 days before or after applying product.
*Don't use any strong detergents/shampoos/dips on your dog while using it.
*You can use it on pups as young at 7 weeks old.
*Will Kill & Repel Fleas, Ticks & Mosquitos for 30 days.

We use this year round and we live in a very rural bug infested area with wooded & swampy terrain. Our dogs stay Flea & Tick free all year.

houndsman

Post by houndsman »

I have 5 beagles all between 20 and 25 pounds what package would you suggest for me??? I have never had fleas this bad ever and my yard is infested to and I sprinkled 7 dust all over to try and kill them any help would be appreciate it thank you

Alabama John

Post by Alabama John »

houndsman, what type of floor is your pen on? What kind of bedding if any?

Little Hawk

Post by Little Hawk »

I use Termidor SC same ingredient as frontline Fipronil 9.1% used it for 4years no fleas no ticks.get it on internet 50 to 60 dollars for 20 oz. use 1/2cc between shoulder blade monthly works great for me.

houndsman

Post by houndsman »

I have above ground kennels with rubber coated fencing on floor and use Cedar chips for bedding in summer and Straw in winter...

houndsman

Post by houndsman »

littlehawk I see that is for termites but you use it on your dogs I was just wondering if that is safe LOL I just bought some liquid insecticed for spraying my lawns and under my kennels but really dont want to spray it on my dogs but I see alot of people use things like this and I just want to make sure it wont harm my dogs... thanks for info though and just looked it up on internet

Little Hawk

Post by Little Hawk »

Check ingredients in flea meds most all are insecticides most of them Fipronil best of luck

houndsman

Post by houndsman »

Thanks for all info I got some permectrin 2 to spray my yard and under my kennels