Tape Worms

This forum is for those seeking medical advice or general beagle health information. Everyone is welcome to respond, but if you are a licensed veterinarian or other animal health professional, feel free to share your credentials!

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Mcarlton28

Tape Worms

Post by Mcarlton28 »

what types of meds does the best on tapeworms. I use Nemex II to start on pups and then switch between safeguard horse wormer and zimecterin gold on the older dogs. Then I also give shot of Ivomac 1/10cc per 10lb once every couple months, just wondering if I need to use somthing else I want the best results.
Ozark MTN Beagles
Michael , Bubba , & Karla Carlton
2014 World Bench Champion
LPRCH LPGBCH CARLTONS BELLEFONTE SNAKE DOC
2017 World Bench Champion open
LPBCH LPRCH Ozark MTN Joker

Ky. Hunter

Re: Tape Worms

Post by Ky. Hunter »

I use the PPO all wormer, kills them all. My friend uses equimax horse wormer and he said it kills them.

Mcarlton28

Post by Mcarlton28 »

thanks
Ozark MTN Beagles
Michael , Bubba , & Karla Carlton
2014 World Bench Champion
LPRCH LPGBCH CARLTONS BELLEFONTE SNAKE DOC
2017 World Bench Champion open
LPBCH LPRCH Ozark MTN Joker

zjamesmoore

Post by zjamesmoore »

I used to have problems with tapes my normal wormer wasn't killing them. That is until I switched and started using a horse wormer called ZIMECTERIN Gold Im telling it will knock em out alot better than any dog wormers Ive found even the ones specifically for tapes.

Zimectrin Gold
The gold standard in parasite control.
ZIMECTERIN Gold combines ivermectin, a leading ingredient that controls a wide variety of parasites, with praziquantel, an ingredient that specifically controls tapeworms. Together, they provide excellent equine parasite control. ZIMECTERIN Gold is approved to control more species and stages of equine parasites than any other brand, including benzimidazole-resistant small strongyles.1 It controls 47 species and stages of equine parasites in all.1

Plus, ZIMECTERIN Gold was the first dewormer approved by the FDA to effectively control tapeworms* with a single dose. Tapeworms have been recognized as a significant threat to the health of horses.2

Side Hill Kennels

Post by Side Hill Kennels »

How much zimectrin do you give your dogs and how often I'm useing regular ivermectin 1/10 cc per 10 lbs of dog weight. I'm looking for something that is a heartworm preventitive also kills tapes rounds hooks and whips any help would be great

beagler29431

Post by beagler29431 »

The most effective tapewormer we have found is labeled for fish, with the active ingredient 34 mg of Praziquantel called Fish Tapes: http://www.jefferspet.com/fish-tapes/p/0033044/

Give 1 capsule for each 10lbs of body weight (2 capsules for a 20lbs Beagle, 3 capsules for a 30lb Beagle, etc) and repeat in a month.

You will no longer have tapeworms in your dogs.

wes smith

Post by wes smith »

Equimax works good

Alabama John

Post by Alabama John »

Equimax and Zimectrin are basically the same. Just get the one that also has the Prazinquital ingredient in it as others have said.

I throw a couple of pieces of biscuit to each dog until they are standing on the fence wanting another then I throw a piece of biscuit with one click of Equimax in it to each dog and they down it without even knowing what they ate. Some weigh 20 lbs and some 35, doesn't matter.

I only give this monthly during worm and fly season, have them worm free before cold weather.

wes smith

Post by wes smith »

The equimax I have bought didn't click. I give1/2 cc & works good I haven't tried zemectrin

OKIEDOG

Post by OKIEDOG »

I own OKIE DOG SUPPLY and the Fish Tapes gets both kinds of tapeworms since it contains 34mg of Praziquantel (same meds as in Tradewinds Canine Tapewormer, etc...). The fish tapes contains the same ingredients, but costs ALOT less. On our website: www.OKIEDOGSUPPLY.com, you can check it out by clicking on the pet meds link. As an added feature to our website, we also have verbiage on what it is used for (along with other medications). We'd be happy to help.

Safeguard will get: hook, whip, round, and one kind of tapeworm. The tapeworm it gets is the flea variety...not the tapeworm a dog would get from ingesting a dead carcass of some variety.

Hope this helps. Be glad to help in any way I can.

Mike Franklin
OKIE DOG SUPPLY
918-633-3519
www.OKIEDOGSUPPLY.com
Eml: mike@okiedogsupply.com

NeilKimbrel7

Post by NeilKimbrel7 »

If im not mistaken equimax and zirmectin gold have the same ingredients. However, go witj the equimac because it has I higher percentage of prazinquantel. Im goin off memory but I believe when given the adequate dose of equimax for tapes, your actually doubling the dose of ivomec. Zirmectin has half the dose of praziquantel so to dose it properly for tapes your actually using 4x the amount of ivomec. Im no expert, and am goin off memory. I do know equimax works for me.
HOF LPGRCH GRPCH FCGD Kimbrel's Kickem Up Kane
Kimbrel's Flyby Foxy lady
Kimbrel’s Rock
Peeple’s Naughty Girl

BAOTB

walkerdogman85

Post by walkerdogman85 »

I wormed my Beagles last week ended up using zimectricn gold through out the week how long does it take to have him back to looking good
Michael West
1-740-502-8956
http://www.simmonsrunbeagles.com/

High Rock Beagles

Post by High Rock Beagles »

Food safe diatamatious earth works great on all worms that are in digestve tract!
If they can't find one then they can't run one!!!!!!!! High Rock Beagles! Home of the Weir Creeks!