Bred bitch won't eat

This forum is for those seeking medical advice or general beagle health information. Everyone is welcome to respond, but if you are a licensed veterinarian or other animal health professional, feel free to share your credentials!

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Bill

Bred bitch won't eat

Post by Bill »

my female that was bred 21 days ago will not eat. I tempt her with reg feed,also with chicken,steak, she refuses all, she does drink water. This happen last time and it was some time before she would eat. I am grinding her feed in a blender and watering it down and force feeding her at this time. Has anyone else had this problem. I have handled 5 breedings and all the females did fine with no lose of appitite except this one. :?: :?: :???: :(

Vickie

Post by Vickie »

Is she throwing up after eating? You might try some Pepto Bismol. I just went through this after having pups. I gave 2 cc every hour for about three or four times. See if that helps.

high ridge joe

Post by high ridge joe »

i had this happen myself with 2 bitches i bred recently...this could be related to the pregnancy....the bitch sometimes loses their appetite a bit when the pups/embryos are moving into position to attach to the uterine wall...ithinkthat is how i understood it....try going to powerscourtcockers.com there is a pregnancy timeline on the site that will tell you what is happening during the pregnancy each step of the way....good luck....
my females both started eating again....and are doing well...pups due for both litters next week and the week after...

joe t

Bill

Post by Bill »

Thanks for the reply I tried the web site but could not get it with the powerscourtcockers.com am I using the correct one.

high ridge joe

Post by high ridge joe »

try powerscourt-cockers.com
if that doesnt work...e mail me so i can send your the link to the site...

highridgebeagles@corninglink.com

samlyn0001

Not eating

Post by samlyn0001 »

You got it right! :lol:

high ridge joe

Post by high ridge joe »

thanks for your help on this one samlyn........that female is doing just great....she is due may 6th and the other female we bred is due may 18th..was not sure if that one took...but she is starting to show.....the pregnancy chart was a great helper....good info on it....
thanks again...

joe t

Hey

Post by Hey »

Hey Joe, Ive been there. Wondering why my bitch wasnt eating, scared and nervous because it was her first litter and not knowing what to expect. I love that calander and you can print it out to keep records for yourself. All the information is there. Im glad all is well. Ive got one litter due the beginning of June and Possibly one at the end. We are gonna be busy. Take care.

samlyn0001

wont eat

Post by samlyn0001 »

The hey was me... Forgot to sign in... Sorry bout that :roll:
:lol:

http://www.geocities.com/samlyn0001/index.html