Beagles in Heat

This forum is for those seeking medical advice or general beagle health information. Everyone is welcome to respond, but if you are a licensed veterinarian or other animal health professional, feel free to share your credentials!

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Sadie's Mom

Beagles in Heat

Post by Sadie's Mom »

I have an 8th month old Beagle who is in her first period of heat. She was acting so strange I actually took her to the Vet to see what was wrong. He told me it was not unusual for her to act lithargic, pee in her sleep (on my bed :???:) and not want to eat. She shakes sometimes and is clining to me. She always sleeps with me but I don't want blood stains on my bed and she won't sleep anyplace else. So, I put an old blanket down. Does anyone else have any suggestions to help us through this?

show dog

Post by show dog »

There are some good products at pet stores that will help. That is, correct size pants for dog to wear. When she is home alone, crate otherwise she will rip up the pants and pad. I have found that Amway liquid prespot removes the blood spots from linen better than anything else so I don't worry too much any more! Mine sleep in the bed too!!!!

kyhunter

Post by kyhunter »

:roll: