urinary infection?

This forum is for those seeking medical advice or general beagle health information. Everyone is welcome to respond, but if you are a licensed veterinarian or other animal health professional, feel free to share your credentials!

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

og

urinary infection?

Post by og »

Our beagle is 6 months old. Recently it seems like she has had more accidents than usual (she even urinated a little on me while she was laying on me). I have also noticed that she will go outside to pee, squat down, and it appears that nothing comes out. She doesn't yelp or whine and she doesn't look like she is in pain but the fact that she does it and has had more accidents lately leads me to believe something may be wrong.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this for me?

Thanks a bunch.

Beagleman973

Post by Beagleman973 »

Have you recently had her spayed? Sometimes this will cause a little urinary incontinence, and it is usually temporary.

I have had hounds with urinary tract infections and the symptoms do sound the same though. A trip to the vet should answer your questions. You will need to get an early morning sample of her urine for anlysis. Then the treatment would in all likely hood be an antibiotic and an urine acidizer. Hope this helps....and good luck getting the sample. I suggest following her with an old pie pan, etc and wait for the right moment. :lol:
If you can't run with the BIG DOGS stay on the porch!

og

Post by og »

she was spayed in November...thanks for your advice! we are going to take her to get it checked out... the sample doesn't sound like it will be easy...but since she is very particular about her area of grass to urinate in it might be easier done than said... :-)