Drooling

This forum is for those seeking medical advice or general beagle health information. Everyone is welcome to respond, but if you are a licensed veterinarian or other animal health professional, feel free to share your credentials!

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

snoopersnoop

Drooling

Post by snoopersnoop »

Our youngest beagle has been drooling quiet a bit during the last few days. The drool is clear and very thick. He has no visiable sores or irritations in his mouth. His eating and other behaviors are normal. Should we be concerned of this drooling or is it a common occurance?

Emery

Post by Emery »

It is the holiday season and you probably have been doing some cooking making some really great smells in the house. Maybe he thinks he is going to get some of the goodies. See if it goes away after all the food is gone.

BTW, Hannah just had another litter of pups, e-mail me at e.barg@worldnet.att.net if you would like to see some pictures...

Emery
Be ye kind one unto another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. Ephesians 4:32

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

I know of a beagle-basset mix who frequently has some thick, clear drool. It's easy for saliva to build-up in the pockets of beagle's cheeks and start dripping out when it gets the chance! One of my beagle's doesn't have it hang-out of his mouth/lips, but the area right below his lips is constantly wet from soaking it up as it runs out.