Sneezing

This forum is for those seeking medical advice or general beagle health information. Everyone is welcome to respond, but if you are a licensed veterinarian or other animal health professional, feel free to share your credentials!

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

imagine1701

Sneezing

Post by imagine1701 »

My beagles are sneezing a great deal lately. They have not been away from home and so not exposed to anything that I can think of. Any ideas what could be the causing of all their sneezing?

Doc S

Post by Doc S »

Any change in bedding? Do you use lime in your kennels? Run in areas with a lot of dusty weeds? If many of them are doing it, it may not be sneezing and they may have picked up kennel cough somehow(neighborhood dog, stray, etc).
Doc S
Doc S Gundogs
Scott Smith, DVM
Lisa Marie Smith
West Branch, Michigan doc_s_gundogs@yahoo.com

imagine1701

Sneezing

Post by imagine1701 »

The dogs are in my house unless they are doing their duty outside. It isn't a deep rasping cough but rather a sneeze that humans get when they have a cold. They sneeze a lot in the morning. They have been sleeping substantially under warm blankets at night.

Doc S

Post by Doc S »

Hmmm...hard to say without seeing them and maybe more importantly hearing them! Air really dry in the house? How are their teeth? Bad teeth can cause a maxillary sinusitis. Have you, or maybe you should have them seen?
Doc S
Doc S Gundogs
Scott Smith, DVM
Lisa Marie Smith
West Branch, Michigan doc_s_gundogs@yahoo.com