Slimmy Stools

This forum is for those seeking medical advice or general beagle health information. Everyone is welcome to respond, but if you are a licensed veterinarian or other animal health professional, feel free to share your credentials!

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

hogbody

Slimmy Stools

Post by hogbody »

My dogs have occasional slimmy stools. No blood or extremly foul smell. Some stools will be normal then the next will be all or part slime. Dogs are wormed regular. I'm thinking some sort of intestinal parisite. Thinking of running some fish zole or albon through them or maybe both. Any tips or suggestions?
I live back in the woods you see, my woman and the kids and the dogs and me.

beagler29431

Re: Slimmy Stools

Post by beagler29431 »

We used to have trouble with slimy stools when we fed raw hide chews to our dogs. Some of them couldn't handle the raw hide. I was told it can be caused by their body trying to protect them from a foreign object that they consumed.

High Rock Beagles

Post by High Rock Beagles »

Sounds like coccidia. treat with 12% sulfamethdioxine in their H2O. I mix it with dyne and use a syringe to treat pups.
If they can't find one then they can't run one!!!!!!!! High Rock Beagles! Home of the Weir Creeks!

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

Whipworm

Dewey Harless

Post by Dewey Harless »

I dont think it worms because of the smell ,I say coccidia you need to got to vet and get some albon give it to them and you can tell in a day or two been there and done that :D

kybeagler

Post by kybeagler »

Try Albon

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

No blood or extremely foul smell.