What brand of dog food do you use ?

This forum is for those seeking medical advice or general beagle health information. Everyone is welcome to respond, but if you are a licensed veterinarian or other animal health professional, feel free to share your credentials!

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

mike crabtree

Post by mike crabtree »

Black Gold is the best I have fed, Sportmix is right up there with it.

Im not going to trash any dog food, but I just cant pay what Eukanuba costs.
Wanna run Dogs? U R Invited.
276 620 1572

Larry G

Post by Larry G »

Me too, Mike, don't want a bunch of dogs that eat better than I do. They seem to survive somehow.

coolbrze

Post by coolbrze »

TouchstoneBeagles wrote:I prefer purina. Great selection of top quality products and can't beat the proclub benefits. If you are interested in joining pro club send me an e-mail. Many benefits to dog breeders$$$
Tell me a little more about the Pro Club... I've got a buddy who is a member but he's got 50 beagles so I'm sure it's worth it for him.

Big_Daddys_Outlaws

Post by Big_Daddys_Outlaws »

We feed Black Gold Black Bag this time of year when Jan comes we will mix one Black Bag and one red Bag together seems to work for us so we stick with it....

Big_Daddy's_Outlaws

Emery

Post by Emery »

I used to be a big supporter of Diamond, but not anymore. I had issues with them before the big incident that killed so many dogs.

I have been feeding Black Gold black bag since my issues with Diamond and I really like it. It is a lot more expensive up here, so I am looking into buying it by the ton and selling it from my home.

Emery
Be ye kind one unto another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. Ephesians 4:32

MoBear

Post by MoBear »

Black Gold black bag works for me .. Red does also during the times I feed it.

Anyone else try the Ultimate Performance? Had a few extra bucks and decided to try it. Dogs were making cow patties. Thought it was a little too rich but it isn't much "hotter" than red bag.. throttled back on the amount. Never could get it right before I ran out.

Went back to black bag and things returned to normal

ringtail

Post by ringtail »

i feed ultra 24/14 and my hounds love it,,,,,,11.55 a 50 pound bag here,,,
OUR SPORT IS MADE UP OF NEW HUNTERS,,,SO PLEASE TAKE A CHILD HUNTING!

J-N-M'S HIGHBRIER BLU RUKUS

Moore Beagles

Post by Moore Beagles »

I like the Diamond chicken/rice, or Purena Pro Plan, but I tried the Diamond Sporting dog this fall, and my dogs picked up weight, and I had to ease off of it because I wasn't running them that much. So anybody that really runs their dogs, and can't keep weight on them, I would try the Diamond Sporting Dog mix. My dogs are females and they tend to pick weight quicker than the males. The Sport mix was also slightly cheaper!
I'll keep My GOD, MY Freedom, My Guns, and My Money! You can keep the "CHANGE".

The Rich and Poor have a common bond, The LORD is the maker of them all. Proverbs 22:2

Blessed by the Best