Tennessee trials

Beagles in the show ring, beagles in agility, tracking, announcements for fun hunts or other events.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

clousewt

Tennessee trials

Post by clousewt »

When are some upcoming east Tennessee trials? Thanks Tom
IN GOD WE TRUST!!! Patch Power

TnHoss

Post by TnHoss »

Tom, you looking for AKC,UKC or ARHA ? I think AKC has one the end of this month up near lenoir city.
Expecting a carjacker or rapist or drug pusher to care that his possession or use of a gun is unlawful is like expecting a terrorist to care that his car bomb is taking up two parking spaces

TnHoss

Post by TnHoss »

Tom, I was wrong about lenoir city and AKC. The ARHA has a trial the 19th of june in estill springs,Tn.
Expecting a carjacker or rapist or drug pusher to care that his possession or use of a gun is unlawful is like expecting a terrorist to care that his car bomb is taking up two parking spaces

PLATEAUBEAGLER

Re: Tennessee trials

Post by PLATEAUBEAGLER »

Tom sure wished we had more hunts around our area instead of driving 500 miles don't you?
Wished we had more interest like they do up north. We can't even get a club started here but people will beat your door down to by a beagle or ring the phone off the hook about buying 1??????????????????????????
Looks like with that much interest we could get a club started for sure?
Oh thats right we don't have 50.00 hounds and we run year around not seasonal. hahaha :biggrin:
Donnie Gibson/Gibson Plateau Kennel
donnie1462@hotmail.com
My boys

doubleb

Post by doubleb »

plateaubeagler what kind of club you trying to start. I help run ocee beagle club for many years till we ran out of running ground it was a little pack club.i would be interested in helping if i could probably could get some members from my old club i would prefer pp club but willing to help i live in polk county but my wifes from meigs so not to far just let me know most of my dogs are pp style dogs got tired of the wind splitters spent more time looking for the rabbit than running it

PLATEAUBEAGLER

Post by PLATEAUBEAGLER »

doubleb i was hoping to get a ARHA LP Club, but i know alot around here don't run med speed dogs here mostly SPO style peanut bushers, but my first thoughts is just get a club started were we can have fun runs and build from there, we have plenty of running areas to lease and places to meet so that wouldn't be a problem just not enough interest. i have run adds in local paper and talked to everyone and all is ready and willing till you get down to it then they bail. We have coon hunters clubs, bird hunters clubs,hog dog clubs, but no beagle club. Just seems to be a shame we don't have one here.
I talked to a member of the coon hunters here and they are even willing to work out a deal so we can get on there lease which is 2500 ac and over 248 rabbits have been taken off there this year, so the club is pretty much in place just need members.

Thanks for all the help
Donnie
donnie1462@hotmail.com
My boys

doubleb

Post by doubleb »

LITTLE PACK CLUB IS FINE IT WOULD HAVE THE MOST ENTRIES IN YOUR AREA OUTSIDE SPO. I THINK I STILL HVE ALL THE PAPER WORK TO GET IT STARTED IF NOT I CAN GET IT FROM JOYCE.I AM A LICENED JUDGE AN MASTER OF HOUNDS I WAS ALSO THE SECRETARTY TREASURE FOR MANY YEARS OF OCOEE BEAGLE CLUB I CAN PROBALY COME UP WITH 5 TO TEN MEMBERS IN MY AREA TO HELP WITH TRIALS HOW MANY YOU THINK YOU CAN GET. IN ORDER TO GET AN AVERAGE HUNT OFF IN A TIMELEY MANNER YOU NEED 7 TO 10 PLACES TO RUN AND ABOUT THAT MANY JUDGES ILL ASK AROUND THIS WEEK AND SEE HOW MUCH INTEREST AROUND HERE AN LET YOU KNOW. IF EVERYTHING WORKS OUT WE STILL HAVE A LITTLE MONEY IN OUR CLUB WE COULD USE FOR STARTUP MONEY

PLATEAUBEAGLER

Post by PLATEAUBEAGLER »

Well i'm not sure how many but i'm sure at least that much and we are central located here which i believe we could get a good turn out from all over Tn, Ky,and maybe some of the Ga beaglers.
I do know i have had alot of feed back from alot of the people here on this board who would join or attend the trial.

Lets just throw it out there right now. HOW MANY PEOPLE IN THE SURROUND AREA WOULD TRAVEL TO CROSSVILLE TN TO ATTEND A ARHA LP TRIAL OR WOULD LIKE TO JOIN A CLUB HERE, JUST JUMP IN HERE AND LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK?

Come on jumpdog1 and plow i know u guys can jump on board, ol plow is a master of hounds also.
I know it has been my dream to have a club here and is a ideal location, so while we are checking out the interest i will be checking on a meeting place and looking in to the running locations.
doubleb i can't thank u enough for wanting to help a dream come true here in Crossville and all of us.Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks to to all the other guys down in your area who is willing to help out, i'm sure we can make it work.
donnie1462@hotmail.com
My boys

TC

Post by TC »

Well I am A little far out to be much help with a Club BUT I would be willing to make a few hunts!!!
From Field to Show and Show to Field the way it should be

PLATEAUBEAGLER

Post by PLATEAUBEAGLER »

thanks TC we hope to have one so you can attend.
donnie1462@hotmail.com
My boys

MURL-BEAGLER

Post by MURL-BEAGLER »

I'm only about an hour away, and would be willing to help anyway I can.

doubleb

Post by doubleb »

i think plowboy an jumpdog will help us thats the club im a member of now good group of people at trbc club i think they will be glad to get another club close by i work a rotating shift an only off one sat. a month but if im off ill be there if you need anything or info plateaubeagler my email is bsburrows@bellsouth.net .if you want to run sometime just yell im off alot through the week

Smoke them Bunnys

Post by Smoke them Bunnys »

PLATEAUBEAGLER wrote:doubleb i was hoping to get a ARHA LP Club, but i know alot around here don't run med speed dogs here mostly SPO style peanut bushers, but my first thoughts is just get a club started were we can have fun runs and build from there, we have plenty of running areas to lease and places to meet so that wouldn't be a problem just not enough interest. i have run adds in local paper and talked to everyone and all is ready and willing till you get down to it then they bail. We have coon hunters clubs, bird hunters clubs,hog dog clubs, but no beagle club. Just seems to be a shame we don't have one here.
I talked to a member of the coon hunters here and they are even willing to work out a deal so we can get on there lease which is 2500 ac and over 248 rabbits have been taken off there this year, so the club is pretty much in place just need members.

Thanks for all the help
Donnie
I am interested never done anything like it but would be willing to try I know Preacher trials some theres a few more around too. How do you reg. with ARHA thanks Trace

PLATEAUBEAGLER

Post by PLATEAUBEAGLER »

Thanks Howard glad you would be able to help out, it would be great to see ya come down,i hope to make it to your trial on the 16th.

doubleb i talked to jumpdog and he said he would help when he could but he's been pretty busy with work and other club but would make it when he can, i hope to attend the trial in Madisonville on 3-8-08 he told me you guys usually attend maybe we can see ya then if not i only work 3 days a week from last 2 weeks of March through the month of april so i will have Mondays and fridays to run during that time when i'm not turkey huntin, so just shoot me a pm anytime during then on running i'm always ready to go.
As for the club i understand thats its hard to get trials going for cause of conflict with other clubs trials on the same dates, which knocks down attendance, so this might cause alot of problem in this area? Not sure but that is what i hear. :blackeye:

Glad to have you Trace, but preacher might not be able to run his hounds do to the fact he ties blocks to his. :biggrin: If your talking about your hounds all you have to do is have Master Of Hounds approve them for registration at the day of the trial or before.I reg mine at trials.

Thanks for all the input guys keep it coming.
donnie1462@hotmail.com
My boys

Plowboy

Post by Plowboy »

In my opinion the best thing you can do is find as many people willing to judge as possible. That is the most important factor in any club. If you come up with a good willing group I would be glad to come down & give the group some field training. Once you get a good core group of judges & I know you have enough running grounds around Crossville, the rest will be easy, I have the tests & all you need to get judges certified.
Let me know anytime you are ready & I will help you out any way I can. I would be glad to purchase you all the paperwork for a club starter pack, to get you off the ground. Even if you boys want to have a fun hunt for practice just to see if there is any interest, I will help you go for it, they make for good practice.
Plowboy